Call for Expressions of Interest
VOX-Pol is a EU FP7-funded Network of Excellence that integrates the world’s leading researchers and research groups in Violent Online Political Extremism. The network of excellence includes those researching the intersection of terrorism and the Internet (incl. violent jihadists, violent separatists, etc.), the online activities of the extreme left and the extreme right, the potential for violent online radicalisation, and related topics.
The Fellowship Programme will recruit promising researchers in the area of Violent Online Political Extremism, train them in related research and analysis, and mentor them in delivering excellent completed projects.
- Submit an innovative research proposal in the area of Violent Online Political Extremism
- Have obtained a PhD (or to be completed by the date of commencement) or relevant research/professional experience
The research fellow will be hosted and mentored by one or two VOX-Pol partner institutions for a minimum of twelve and a maximum of eighteen months in total. The fellowship may also include a short stay at an associated end-user of VOX-Pol (details upon request). The provisional date for the first fellowship is October 2014. The gross Fellowship salary will be €3,145.83 per month.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter specifying how you meet the requirements of the position, which host institution(s) you are interested in, and why;
- A 5 to 10 page research proposal (incl. theoretical and methodological considerations);
- A current CV;
- A list of publications or a 20+ page single-authored writing sample.
*** Deadline extended to July 28, 2014 *** Completed applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com Late applications will not be accepted.
Further details may be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org